What are Backlinks?
Also known as inbound links, backlinks are incoming links on the web that point to your website.
They send traffic to your site and help grow your identity online.
Branded vs. Organic Links
Branded links are words that identify the name of your company, product or services online.
Organic or natural links are keywords that people search to find you online.
Advantages of Organic Links
- drive targeted traffic to your site
- great way to get known in your field or niche
- search engine bots follow natural organic links found on other relevant sites and your rank for those terms increase
(overtime, relevant organic links will turn your site into a quality site)
What is The Purpose of Link Development?
It is important to know that not all links are created equal!
You want to build links that are going to have a positive impact on the QUALITY of your website.
Thus, the purpose of link development is to obtain optimal links from relevant, QUALITY websites.
Why Do We Want To Build Quality Inbound Links?
- Quality inbound links establish credibility with search engines.
I.e.: Google gives more credit or rank to websites that have a high number of quality links
- Quality inbound links also allow for higher organic ranking potential
Sites will rank highly for competitive keywords in SERPS, (Search Engine Results Pages)